Who are we?
The Rowley Estates is a private family owned set of businesses based and operating in the Lake District and Eden valley in Cumbria. Our business address is c/o Blencowe Hall, Greystoke, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 0DF.
How Do You Use My Information?
- If you fill out a contact form on our website, we will use the details to contact you by email or telephone in relation to your enquiry.
- If you book a holiday with us, we will use your personal information to confirm your booking. The details we collect from you will include your name, address, email address and other contact details.
- To complete your booking, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the booking process, including booking software provider and payment providers.
- We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the booking contract for your holiday and to provide you with information regarding your enquiry.
- Subject to your chosen preferences, we will also consider this as ‘expressing an interest in our holidays’ please also read the relevant section below.
- We will not rent, lease or sell your personal information to other companies or individuals. We will only transfer your personal information to a third-party if required by law to do so.
What happens when you telephone us?
When you telephone us, we may also handle your personal information (your name, contact details and the other details you provide to us during the call) in order to provide customer services for you. The information we retain can be used if you ask us to confirm details on a holiday property or to explain how our holiday bookings process works.
We rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
What happens when you have expressed an interest in our holidays?
If you have opted in via our website or over the telephone to receive marketing or update communications from us, we will handle your personal information for example (your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have expressed.
When we send you marketing or update emails, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing or update purposes. Every email we send to you for marketing or update purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving emails in the future.
You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing or update purposes.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us on email@example.com or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link shown in every email marketing and update communication you receive from us.
We use Google Analytics to better understand the performance of our website.
Where is My Data Stored?
The data that we collect from you will be stored in a location within the EU. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Any personal information is kept private and securely stored until a time it is no longer needed, or until you request that we remove it from our records.
What is your data retention policy?
If you have booked a holiday with us, we will retain your personal data to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with a holiday you have purchased from us.
We do not retain any personal payment data.
If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing or update email communications from us, we will delete your data other than that which we are required to keep for tax or regulatory purposes.
What Are My Rights Under Data Protection Laws?
You are entitled receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 07968258234. You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by
providing a supplementary statement to us.
You can restrict our processing of your personal information if you think we hold inaccurate personal
information about you.
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the
- we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information and you have withdrawn your consent;
- if you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling your personal information; or if,
- our handling of your personal information has broken the law.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
What about website links in your website?
Our website contains links to and from other independent websites. This policy does not apply to any website, product or service of any third-party company even if the website links to or from our website. We do not operate or control those websites, products or services and are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of these other websites.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection policies on other websites linked from our website. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to any such websites.
How do I contact you with feedback?